Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully. By participating in any class, including online, provided by Pilates Cartel P/L ABN 63638756804 (Kate Scouller) you consent to, and agree to release the Instructor from liability according to our Terms & Conditions. Unless the Instructor notifies you otherwise, our Waiver and Release will apply to all classes undertaken by you with the Instructor.
Rules & Regulations
This form must be read, understood, correctly completed and accepted as indicated by properly acknowledging, prior to participating in any Pilates Cartel activity. If you are under 18 referred to as a minor, you will need to have a parent or guardian who is over 18 authorise you on your behalf and provide contact details. Access to Pilates Cartel activities is by payment and subject to Pilates Cartel discretion. By participating in any Pilates Cartel activity you accept the rules and regulations including participating in a safe manner.
ThePilates Cartel activities, whilst care is taken, are not without risk which I/we accept, and in turn indemnify in full, on a solicitor and client basis, Pilates Cartel, it’s instructors, employees, contractors, agents and nominees against all liabilities, damages and costs arising from Pilates Cartel activities. This includes but is not limited to, liabilities arising from any cause such as negligence, contract, statute including the Civil Liability Act 2002, tortious or common law for any injury, death, loss, property damage or expense arising out of or sustained to me or I cause or my minor causes, in the course of my or my minor’s participation in the activities and programs offered by Pilates Cartel. Such activities include yoga, pilates, sauna, cryotherapy, mediation, classes, including online classes. I agree that Pilates Cartel is not responsible in the event of loss, damage, unauthorised use, theft or injury resulting from and to any personal property that my minor or I bring onto or undertake on the premises. I also confirm that my or my minor’s health is sufficient, and has no illness, injury or ailments which will prevent participation in Pilates Cartel activities in a safe manner without risk to me or the minor or others. I recognise that this Agreement and Release and Waiver is a legal instrument and that it is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by Australian law. Pilates Cartel’s liability in the aggregate is the refund of the fees paid for the Pilates Cartel activity. I recognise that by signing this document I am waiving certain legal rights, including the right to sue and I sign it of my own free will and assume all aspects of the risks involved on behalf of my minor or myself
To the extent permitted at law, you release and hold the Instructor (and where applicable its, directors, employees and representatives) harmless from any liability, cost, expense, damages or claims (including claims of negligence) arising from or which may be suffered or incurred in connection with your participation in any classes provided by the Instructor.
- Our Introductory Offer of the 5 Class Pass (valid for 14 days) is only available to brand new clients of Pilates Cartel. You can only purchase the Introductory offer once. The Introductory Offer is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate from the date of your first class booking. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Our Grand Opening Special Offer of the 5 Class Pass for $50 (valid for 30 days) is only available to brand new clients of Pilates Cartel before a studio’s Grand Opening date. You can only purchase the Opening Special once. The Opening Special is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate for 30 days from studio’s Grand Opening date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- For our “Unlimited Gold Membership – First 30” holders, the “Unlimited Gold Membership” Terms and Conditions apply. Please see below.
10 & 20 Class Passes
- 10 & 20 class passes are valid for 3 months (90 days) and are activated from the date of payment. Class passes are non-refundable and are not transferable between individuals.
- 10 & 20 class passes cannot be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will ask for a letter from your doctor. Please be aware when purchasing your class pass that you will be required to use your pass within 90 days.
- For your convenience and to ensure you never miss a class, your class pass will be automatically renewed and bank card charged at the end of the 90 day expiry period/or from your last class. You can cancel your auto renewal at any time by either logging into your account on Wellness Living and select auto-renew to off, or by sending us an email requesting your auto-renewal to be cancelled prior to your auto-renewal date.
- Unlimited Gold Memberships and Lifestyle Memberships are activated from the purchase date. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable between individuals.
- You are welcome to join your classes in any given week. We do not have a standard ‘week’ or ‘fortnight’, as it will depend on your individual preferences. Your ‘week’ begins on the day of your billing cycle. For example, if you pay on a Wednesday, you can attend your allocated classes between Wednesday and Tuesday.
- Unlimited Gold Memberships and Lifestyle Memberships are limited to a maximum of 1 reformer class per day. There is no limit on the amount of Mat classes you can attend per day.
- Lifestyle Membership – Reformer + Mat holders are limited to a maximum of ANY 4 classes throughout the month.
Lifestyle Membership – Mat only holders are limited to a maximum of 4 MAT classes only throughout the month. If one or more classes is not used prior to the end of the month then these classes are lost and do not accumulate to the next month.
- Membership Suspension – You are welcome to pause your membership at any time, for a minimum of 7 days and maximum of 30 days. You may do this once every 3 months with no fees. Additional suspensions will be charged at a non-refundable rate of $5 per week. If you would like to suspend your Membership simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 7 days notice from your next scheduled direct debit payment.
- For your convenience and to ensure you never miss a class, your membership will be automatically renewed and bank card charged on an ongoing fortnightly basis .
- There is an initial 3 month lock in term before ending your membership, after this initial period you may cancel your auto renewal at any time free of charge by sending us an email requesting your membership to be cancelled prior to your auto-renewal date. If you wish to cancel your membership within the first 3 months a $150 exit fee will apply.
- Memberships are paid in advance, therefore no refunds can be awarded once the transaction has been made if you fail to advise within adequate time frames.
- All memberships will have a “cooling off” period of 7 days starting from the purchase date of your membership, you may cancel your membership within the cooling off period free of charge.
- All memberships have a 52 week duration and will auto-renew upon expiration, the initial 3 month lock in period will not reapply.
Transactions and Payments
- Fortnightly Direct Debits will be automatically deducted from your nominated payment method each fortnight (on your chosen day). If payment defaults you will be charged a default fee of $5.50
- All transactions will incur a 1.5% transaction fee, this is to cover our credit card surcharge fees & terminal expenses.
- All of our prices are inclusive of GST.
Bookings and Attendance
- A minimum of three people are required for a class to proceed. You will be contacted via text, phone, or email should a class be cancelled up to a minimum of 2 hours before the class start time .
- Bookings are made online through our booking platform WellnessLiving. Email email@example.com if it is out of studio hours and we will get back to you within 24hrs.
- Payment must be made upon booking, no exceptions. To book into a class you must either have pre-purchased sessions in your account or pay at the time of booking in the studio.
- If a class you particularly want is fully booked please sign up for the waiting list. Due to our 4 hr cancellation policy there is movement in the classes, if you add yourself to a waitlist and if any cancellations may occur, you will be notified up to an hour before the class starts. If you add yourself to the waitlist, you are committing yourself to attend that class should a spot open up. Please make sure you remove yourself from the waitlist if you no longer wish to attend.
- Out of consideration for the Trainer, other clients, and also for your own safety, the warm-up is an important aspect of each class. Please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, you may not be able to attend the class.
- Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for safety reasons; and Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to turn clients away if they do not have the correct medical clearance.
- You can only attend Pilates Cartel group classes up until you are 15 weeks pregnant. After 15 weeks you can attend Private 1:1 sessions or a Prenatal class.
- Sessions are not transferable to another individual and cannot under any circumstances be used by another person. If someone other than the person booked into the class arrives to use the session, they will be turned away from the class – or asked to create an account and purchase their own sessions.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, you have up till 2 hours before your class to cancel without penalty.
- If you late cancel within the 2-hour period before class, or do not show up for your booked class, you will be charged as though you attended.
- Class Passes: You will forfeit your pre-paid class.
- Membership Holders: You will incur a $10 Late Cancellation/No Show fee, that will be debited from your nominated card.
- You will need to give 2 weeks’ notice to cancel your membership. You will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request this. You will be charged for the next 2 full weeks after the week you have emailed us in has finished.
- Memberships cannot be transferred to another person.
All packs have a 12-month use by date. They are non- transferable. All purchases are final; we do not give transfers refunds or exchanges.
Please arrive a few minutes before class and wait till the door is opened to enter the studio. This will give the previous class time to clean the equipment properly.
Age Limits and Restrictions
Pilates Cartel does not offer childcare services. You must be at least 14 years of age to attend our classes.
If you have contracted a communicable disease, please ensure you have clearance in writing from your doctor before attending your next class. This is for the safety and well-being of all our clients, staff and customers.
Pilates Cartel reserves the right to cancel and change teachers, events, and classes without prior notice.
Pilates Cartel reserves the right to add to, change or remove our terms and conditions. This includes changing the studio’s opening and closing hours, its services and facilities and membership fees. The most up-to-date terms and conditions always apply.
By signing up online, you agree to receive email communications from Pilates Cartel. These communications can be unsubscribed from via the ‘unsubscribe’ button on each email communication.
By signing up online, you promise that:
– you are in good physical condition
– you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not do active or passive exercise
We will not pass your email address or any other details on to any other party.
I agree that Pilates Cartel is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class. I understand that classes may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Pilates Cartel or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
Pilates Cartel does not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal property. If you do become the victim of a theft, immediately report it to a staff member.
By booking into a class you automatically agree to the above Terms & Conditions.